Robles, Rael & Anaya attorneys represent both public and private sector employers in all areas of employment litigation, personnel grievances, human resource matters, and labor/management issues. Our attorneys are also well versed in negotiating collective bargaining agreements and contracts, ensuring that agreements made with union members are upheld.
Our attorneys have successfully defended clients in federal and state courts, and in proceedings before administrative bodies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the New Mexico Human Rights Commission, and the State Personnel Board. They routinely serve as hearing officers for entities required to provide due process hearings under federal law. In addition, our lawyers are available to counsel clients on a variety of employment-related issues, including:
- Employee benefits
- Actions for equitable relief
- Whistleblower and qui tam actions
- Hiring new employees
- Employment contracts, including non-competition clauses
- Conducting internal investigations
- Issuing and documenting employee discipline and termination
- Sexual harassment and equal opportunity policies
- Wrongful termination
- Compliance with wage and hour laws
- Civil rights issues
- Compliance with state and federal equal opportunity laws
- Drafting and revision of personnel policies
Robles, Rael & Anaya also regularly conducts employer and employee trainings on sexual harassment and compliance with such laws as Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the New Mexico Human Rights Act. We also have experience writing and reviewing policy and procedure manuals that protect clients by minimizing their exposure to lawsuits. Our extensive knowledge of the Civil Rights Act and record of achievement gives our attorneys an unmatched ability to ensure that clients comply with statutory requirements while also developing a healthy work environment for their employees.