Taylor S. Rahn
LAW SCHOOLUniversity of New Mexico, Juris Doctor, 2013
COLLEGEEastern New Mexico University, B.S. in Criminal Justice, 2010
Taylor S. Rahn graduated from the University of New Mexico School of Law (Cum Laude) in May 2013. Ms. Rahn began her post J.D. work as a term clerk for the Honorable William P. Johnson of the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico from August 2013-August 2014. Prior to her federal clerkship, Ms. Rahn clerked for RRA throughout law school and rejoined the firm in September 2014. Her work in federal court has equipped her with the writing expertise necessary to successfully represent clients through motions practice. Ms. Rahn has significant trial experience in municipal, state and federal courts, representing government and private clients in both criminal and complex civil rights and tort cases. She has also successfully represented government clients before the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals as well as in New Mexico’s appellate courts.
In addition to her extensive experience in representing government clients in traditional civil litigation, Ms. Rahn is also a specialist in institutional reform cases. Ms. Rahn serves as counsel for government entities including the State of New Mexico and Bernalillo County, in several consent decree cases. Ms. Rahn successfully represented the New Mexico Department of Health in securing dismissal of the Jackson, et al. litigation that was first filed in 1987 and was dismissed in 2022. Ms. Rahn represents government clients in the majority of the active institutional reform cases in New Mexico, including the Yazzie/Martinez consolidated lawsuit, the McClendon consent decree, the Duran consent decree.
Ms. Rahn was admitted to the State Bar of New Mexico in September 2013. Ms. Rahn’s education includes a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from Eastern New Mexico University (summa cum laude) and a Juris Doctor from the University of New Mexico School of Law. Certifications include the State Bar of New Mexico, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico. Ms. Rahn is especially passionate about representing law enforcement officers and agencies in claims involving allegations of constitutional violations. Ms. Rahn also enjoys providing instruction to law enforcement. Ms. Rahn is a New Mexico Department of Public Safety certified as a “Professional Lecturer” in the law of warrantless arrests, less-lethal force, deadly force, and civil liability under both Section 1983 and the New Mexico Tort Claims Act. Ms. Rahn frequently provides basic and advanced law enforcement training throughout New Mexico and has also taught at several national conferences, including the National Police Canine Association Conference.
In her personal time, Ms. Rahn enjoys spending time with her husband and three young children. Ms. Rahn is also an avid horseback rider and competes in show-jumping competitions throughout the Southwest.
- Lewis R. Sutton Award Recognizing Excellence in Trial or Appellate Advocacy
- University of New Mexico School of Law Dean’s Award
- American Bar Association National Trial Competition Outstanding Attorney Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Evidence and Trial Practice
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Advanced Constitutional Rights
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Federal Motions Practice
- Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars List 2016
- Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars List 2017
- Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars List 2018
- Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars List 2019
- Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars List 2020
- Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars List 2021
- Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars List 2022
- Lawyers of Distinction 2023
Bar Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of New Mexico
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- National Police Canine Association
- Certified Professional Lecturer by New Mexico Department of Public Safety