Christina E. Anaya
LAW SCHOOLUniversity of New Mexico School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1994
COLLEGEUniversity of New Mexico, B.B.A. in Accounting with Distinction, 1990
A former federal judicial law clerk Christina E. Anaya has been practicing law in New Mexico for nearly 20 years and is one of the state’s premier attorneys for employment related litigation and personnel matters. In addition to representing employers in complex employment-related litigation, Christina advises employers about issues of employee discipline and discharge, and in the preparation and revision of personnel policies. Additionally, Christina conducts employee trainings on a variety of employment law topics.
Christina also has substantial litigation experience defending police, prison, detention center, and public official liability cases, under Section 1983 and the New Mexico Tort Claims Act. In addition, she represents numerous counties and municipalities in all aspects of governmental affairs.
Outside work, Christina and her family are heavily involved in soccer. She has also served on the boards of various legal and community based organizations.
- 2010 New Mexico Business Weekly Women of Influence
- American Jurisprudence Award (Legal Research and Writing, Contracts)
- New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association (Vice President, 2010 – 2011)
- New Mexico Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Albuquerque Bar Association
Bar Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court New Mexico